Family Home Destroyed In Fire Started From Nutella Jar

24 February 2015

A fire recently broke out in Twickenham at the Murphy family’s house which is believed to have been started by a Nutella glass jar. This unusual incident has highlighted how dangerous and devastating leaving glass objects on window sills can be. Fire Fighters have come to the conclusion that the glass jar that was being used by to contain loom bands magnified the suns rays and set fire to the blinds.

The family including Dad Declan, Wife Lindsay and their two children were out at an Anniversary celebration at the time of the fire. Sadly the family dog was trapped in the house at the time and was killed in the blaze. Talking to Get West London, Delcan said,

“We’ve been told it will be up to a year before the house is ready for us to move back into.

I want to ensure other people are aware of the dangers and know to keep glass items away from windows and out of direct sunlight so they don’t have to go through anything like this.”

These kind of stories are very rare however Charlie Pugsley from the London Fire Brigade said.

“It’s worth spending five minutes checking that your window ledges are clear of any glass or crystal that might lead to a potentially life changing blaze.”

For the full story, read Family dog killed in house fire started by nutella jar

 

 

 

 

SERVICES

We offer our clients a complete fire safety management service, our key services include:

Fire Risk Assessments

Delivering a comprehensive and detailed report on your property.

READ MORE
Fire Safety Consultancy

We can provide a partnership which offers auditing and consultancy services.

READ MORE
Fire Risk Management Software

Manage multiple risk assessment actions with our Aurora software.

READ MORE
Fire Safety Training

Our fire safety training courses cover every level of fire safety, from basic through to advanced.

READ MORE